Sunday, October 30, 2005

One Year Ago Today

This is a tribute to my friend Heather...if I could draw I would. Hopefully this will do... Anita Marie



One Year Ago on October 31, 2004 I posted my first story over at the Soul Food Cafe.

Since then I've done something I've always wanted to do which was write honest to goodness ( hee hee ) tales of the Weird and Supernatural.

More then anything I wanted to write stories like Rod Serling and Stephen King. I wanted people to gets glimpses of Vincent Price and Boris Karloff and Lon Chaney Jr. in my little stories.



This you know is all I've ever wanted to do, and you know being great or good at it doesn't matter anymore. I'm doing exactly what I should be doing.

And that's something a lot of people can go through their lives and never come close to.

I can't tell you how grateful I am for that.

So thanks to my friend Heather Blakey for giving me this chance and thanks to people who have said nice things and I even have a thanks to people who wanted to say something nasty and didn't.

Happy Halloween and don't let the bed-bugs bite...unless you're into that sort of
thing.

Anita Marie

4 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What a lovely surprise Anita Marie. Thank you so much for thinking to do this. Halloween will always be our anniversary darling. It has been wonderful having you around to help fill in the shades and to give us your unique, delectable perspective.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

If you counted up all the writing you've done in a year I bet you would be amazed. You have an art for the spooky and follow it with enthusiasm. You will get where you want to be.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Anita Maries, I join you in celebrating Heatrher - she had unleashed so much creativity here -I said she might have created a monster before but it didn't quite sound right - maybe monstrous proportions? Hm?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home